About me, my personal goals and team!

Hi, I am Katrina and welcome to my blog where I'll document my weekly learning reflections and activities I have done. I like to read books and listen to music ✌. My personal goals that I wish to achieve in CP5070 module by the end of the semester are to:

  • improve on my documentation skills through this blogger by documenting my weekly learning reflections and activities which will be useful for me to add it in my own personal portfolio and especially when applying for jobs in the future.
  • learn and acquire new skills and enhance these skills learned in this module to produce my group's chemical product for our Capstone Project in Year 3 such as 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Arduino Programming and CAD skills in Fusion360.
I want to learn how to 3D print and learn programming as it is a new skill to me which I find interesting and could help me to develop my group's chemical product. I want to improve my CAD skills in Fusion360 as I have acquired this skill in the module CP5065 but I would like to further strengthen this skill as it would be needed for the development of our chemical product. Thus, with these skills, I am able to contribute and collaborate with our team members to produce our chemical product so that we can complete our tasks with quality and on time.

To improve my CAD skills in Fusion360, I will watch videos on Youtube and try them out on Fusion360 itself to practice. In addition, there are Fusion360 tutorials on the module's blogspot for me to practice on. If I need further clarification, I will clarify any doubts I have with my lecturer. To polish up my documentation skills, I will participate actively in class by paying attention and asking questions when needed so that I could understand the lesson better and document them down on my phone notepad or writing on paper in which it will be transferred into this blog. This is done so that I will not forget the important keynotes explained by the lecturer. This will also be applied to my group meetings and discussions outside of class. Additionally, documenting the blog itself, I will add in visuals to make my blog look more aesthetically pleasing and photos/videos for myself and the readers to understand better. To learn the new skills needed (3D printing, Arduino Programming, Laser Cutting) for making our chemical product, I have to pay attention to every lesson as this module is focused in designing and implementing our chemical product. Thereafter, I will note down my reflections and learning takeaways from the lesson in this blog so that I can look back on it to read.

I will know whether I have accomplished the goal of building on my documentation skills by updating my blog on a weekly basis and rereading my entire blog again before I publish it to look for any errors and learning the skills acquired in this module (3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Arduino Programming, CAD skills) when I have participated and contributed into implementing our chemical product design in the final presentation of our group's prototype and I am able to follow with the lessons on Laser Cutting and Arduino Programming during practical.

 Teaming Skills and Tools

Reflection:

In the lesson of teaming skills and tools, I have learnt that in order for a team to grow and overcome challenges, there are 5 necessary phases: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing and Adjourning. My group in Y2S1 for the module CP5065 was in between the norming and performing phase where people feel part of the team and realizes that we can achieve work if we accept others' viewpoints and flexibility is the key where the team works in an open and trusting atmosphere. By the end of this semester, we hope to be fully on the performing phase and in year 3 once we embark on our capstone project, we will reach the adjourning stage where the team conduct an assessment of the semester and implements a plan for transitioning roles and recognizing members' contributions. We discussed our team ground rules, roles and meeting time as follows:

Ground rules:

• Everyone should take equal responsibility

• Provide constructive feedbacks

• Practice consistent communication

• Be punctual

• Help each other when needed

• Perform voting when there are differing opinions

Roles - Name of member

Leader - Katrina

Time Keeper - Jun Lin

Script Writer - Xinni and Ashwati 


The time we have chosen to meet online or F2F meetings outside lesson time will be every Wednesday, 8pm

Comments